My Girl Term Dictionary
We had few customer who are comfused with some of fashion terminology, so we deciede to make MG Term Disctionary section. Please feel free to read. All definitions are from dictionary.com.
1. a medium-weight or light-weight fabric of acetate, nylon, rayon, or silk, usually smooth, crisp, and lustrous, plain-woven, and with a fine crosswise rib effect.
2. any of various other fabrics of silk, linen, wool, etc., in use at different periods.
1. a fabric in a warp-effect or filling-effect satin weave, as acetate, rayon, nylon, or silk, often having a glossy face and a soft, slippery texture.
2. satin weave.
3. a dress or other garment of satin: She wore her green satin.
1. A heavy fabric with a rough nubby surface, made of spun wild silk.
2. A rayon or cotton fabric that is imitative of this silk fabric.
[After Shantung (Shandong), China.]
noun, plural -zas. a sheer rayon, nylon, or silk fabric constructed in plain weave and with a crisp finish, used in the manufacture of evening dresses, trimmings, etc.
an irregular silk thread reeled from two or more entangled cocoons and producing a coarse yarn generally used in fabrics such as shantung or pongee.
1. Untreated silk as reeled from a cocoon.
2. Fabric or yarn made from untreated silk.
1. a soft, white, downy substance consisting of the hairs or fibers attached to the seeds of plants belonging to the genus Gossypium, of the mallow family, used in making fabrics, thread, wadding, etc.
2. the plant itself, having spreading branches and broad, lobed leaves.
3. such plants collectively as a cultivated crop.
4. cloth, thread, a garment, etc., of cotton.
5. any soft, downy substance resembling cotton, but growing on other plants.
noun a thin, fine, machine-made net of acetate, nylon, rayon, or silk.
Origin: French, after Tulle, France, where first made
1. a sheer fabric of silk, nylon, or rayon in plain weave.
2. any women's dress ornament, as ribbon or lace.
3. (of dresses, scarves, etc.) resembling or made of chiffon.